Thursday 8 December 2016

Kingfishers 2016

As it get's to the end of the year it's good to look back on another cracking year for Kingfisher. I will slowly write up my top ten highlights of Kingfishers 2016; 
1) Number one has got to be Kingfisher nesting. In 2016 I saw more Kingfisher nesting than any other year. OK I only saw my first Kingfisher nests in 2015. In 2015, I saw one Kingfisher pair nesting, in 2016, I saw three pairs in three Birmingham locations. The first location was the River Rea, where I was lucky to see them nesting in three locations. Unfortunately one nest was flooded by the high water due to all the rain. The next location was the River Cole at one end of Birmingham and the third location was again the River Cole but at the opposite end of Birmingham. These were actual sightings of Kingfishers going in and out of the next. Other nests locations were another on the River Rea, I couldn't see the next due to the tree hidden valley. The final one had to be a nest on the River Tame. The Kingfisher were busy flying up and down and carrying fish. Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment