Sunday 24 February 2019

Birmingham River Cole Kingfisher

Sunday 24th February.
It had already been a good weekend for Kingfisher again, with Kingfisher on the Cole, Rea and Bourn Brook but I thought I'd have another look on the River Cole as I was up early.
There was really dense fog. I could only see a few metres in front.
At the River Cole I thought this might work in my favour as the Kingfisher would not be able to see me lol.
I chose my spot well and was dead lucky with my timing as only a few minutes later a Kingfisher flew along the river and stopped right opposite me.
I was not ready with my camera though and didn't think it would work in the fog.
Then to my surprise there was another Kingfisher. They called to each other, they flew along the river together and they sat together.
One of them was also flying up and around and went past my head a couple times.
With that I thought I best try for a photo.
Bingo! One of the Kingfisher flew in again and landed opposite me.
I took a single shot and got a photo.
Great to see a pair of Kingfisher on the River Cole again!


No comments:

Post a Comment