Monday 1 July 2013

June Kingfishers 2013

Well, it's been quiet on my local Midlands patches for Kingfishers. I think because they had to go and find mates. With that in mind, I have been searching for some nests, but this has been like finding a needle in a hay stack. However in the process I have found new kingfishers. The first was in Chipping Ongar in Essex, on the River Roding. I read about this area online and it mentioned kingfishers so off I went. A beautiful area and town, with a nature trail through lovely meadows with a good river flowing at the bottom. When I saw the river and trees and vegetation, I knew it was perfect for kingfisher. It had plenty of cover and slow bends where I knew they could fish. So I'm on a bend just down from a footbridge - when yes!! A kingfisher!! It flew down the river and I found it again before it flew off - good result and good guide by the local council.

No comments:

Post a Comment