Thursday 9 October 2014

Belhus CP

There are a pair of kingfisher at Belhus CP. They nest on a bank island in one of the lakes. I saw the parents chasing off 2 young on one visit. On my last visit I made my way to the kingfisher lake along the path next to one of the lakes, when the kingfisher came flying towards me down the path. I definitely saw one go past, I'm pretty sure another went past as well giving chase. They then followed the bend of the path into the distance around a lake. I thought well that's it then but they returned to their lake and where chasing/fighting in a tree. From the distance I got a really bad photo of the two of them in the tree. One with it's wings open. Good to see 2 together again although not being that friendly. I guess it was a territorial dispute but wonder if it was a male and female or two of the same sex. There was a single kingfisher on the lake next to the kingfisher lake on one visit, I wonder if it was too close and being warned away. Good site Belhus CP especially once I found where the kingfisher are located!!

No comments:

Post a Comment