Monday 2 September 2019

Birmingham Kingfisher September 2019

On the River Cole, Trittiford, I saw three Kingfisher fly past, one was tutting so it looked like a chase.
On the River Rea, Ten Acres I saw two Kingfisher, I think they were in a chase.
On the River Cole, in August I think I missed any fledglings.
One weekend I thought the Kingfisher was still flying in with food, the next week it stopped.
On the River Rea, Ten Acres in July and August I was hopeful that a pair of Kingfisher had a nest but as time went by it seemed only one Kingfisher was present (one weekend in July I think I saw the pair for the last time).
The River Rea, Kings Norton Kingfisher I think attempted two broods but again it was the same thing, one weekend there were two then the next weekend I only saw one and then the sightings go less frequent. I think I missed the fledging.
On the Bourn Brook only the one Kingfisher was regular.
Then it was reported there were two on the lower Bourn Brook, this could have been territorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment