Thursday 14 November 2019

Woodgate Valley Kingfisher November 2019

For the fourth year in a row a Woodgate Valley Kingfisher.
Friday, 8th November.
I followed the muddy track, I looked along most parts of the brook, I looked under and along the brick bridge sections. Then just around the bend after the second brick bridge, there it was. A blue stripe, with it's back to me. Kingfisher!
That was after the Kingfisher along the Bourn Brook walkway. There was a surprise Canadian Goose sat on the bank and the Kingfisher went past giving it a tutting call.
On the Saturday, with a cold frost I completed a ten mile run along the Bourn Brook, River Rea and Bourn. I was giving up on finding a Kingfisher so gave a good call at Kings Norton playing field. Much to my surprise a Kingfisher came round the corner in the distance so I could just see it. So I gave another call and it flew in right next to me.
Then Sunday the Kingfisher along the Bourn Brook walkway again. I've found it a few times opposite the old reservoir now.

No comments:

Post a Comment