Sunday 25 August 2024

Birmingham Black Redstarts

It was good to see a report of Birmingham Black Redstarts

Then thanks to Adrian he worked out the site in the centre of Birmingham and there were 2 juveniles with an adult female.

It was good to be able to cycle into the city and see these birds. It was a straight bike ride into the city.

Whilst cycling around the city and not far from the first site I heard a male Black Redstart singing and it flew down past me and to an opening below ground level. I'll have to check there in future.

Then I heard there could be more at the Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Thanks to Leanne for this info.

It was then good I cycled around and stopped at a gateway of a site ready to be built on and just saw a bird fly across in the distance. I took a closer look and up popped a juvenile Black Redstart.

Then on my next visits I saw 2 juveniles and the female and then a male Black Redstart with the juveniles.

Also good again to be able to cycle into the city along the canals towpath.


No comments:

Post a Comment