Tuesday 22 December 2015

December River Cole and Rea, Kingfisher pairs

After great year for finding Birmingham kingfisher it has continued into December with kingfisher on the River Rea, Cole, Bourn and Bourn Brook. The Bourn Brook has another wintering kingfisher in the same spot after last years wintering juvenile. I got a nice surprise when I found a kingfisher on the Bourn, Stirchley, I'd never seen one there before. The best sighting have been the pair of kingfisher on the River Cole at the start of the Kingfisher Country Park. I've seen them either side of a bridge fishing, having a bit of a squabble and chasing each other and then flying along the river together. There is then a pair of kingfisher on the River Rea, they are about a mile apart. I saw kingfisher in the same area last winter. They are by the nests they had in the Spring and Summer. I assume they are the same birds. Not been able to get a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment