Tuesday 8 December 2015

My first Sea Kingfisher

I visited Brighton Marina, my parents live nearby. I've seen a couple reports of a Kingfisher in the past few months. I walked past the restaurants looking closely as the boats. I then got to the path in front of the apartments that look over the Marina harbour. I could have only been there 10 minutes when I heard the distinctive two tone call of a kingfisher calling over the top of a few starlings chattering that were on the apartment roofs. I scanned the harbour in front of and there it was flying past, a kingfisher. It landed on a boat mooring rope and if I'd had my camera with me, I could have got a photo. It then flew off and I lost it in amongst the boats. I think I heard it calling again later but I couldn't see it. What a result though, my first sea kingfisher. Great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment